WEBSITE Welcome to AusGAMING!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AusG Bot, Jun 13, 2018.

By AusG Bot on Jun 13, 2018 at 3:31 PM
  1. AusG Bot

AusG Bot News Bot Bot

Welcome to AusGaming!

After lots of work over the last few weeks, we are pleased to release our website and gaming community.

Some of you may know the staff here, as we were admins, (Dickie & Dibbles) co-founders, (Cyber Bandit) and users of Pipsi.

We all have one thing in common, we love DayZ, so we have decided to create a community, run by the community. Hosting servers for DayZ and potentially other games in future. We thought it best to go live with the site and servers now, in preparation for the release of DayZ 0.63.

Much like other popular servers, we will initially have a private hive master shard, and a linked subscription based server. At this stage, the plan is to have a main hive, which will have persistence wipes every 4 hours to ensure users can gain access to vehicles and loot, while the subscription based server will have persistence enabled to ensure your bases can remain safe.

In order to give you the experience which you deserve, we encourage suggestions and feedback, as ultimately we would like to have a server which appeals to everyone.

As the community grows, we will be hosting regular events and giveaways. If you have any ideas for an event, or particular giveaway, we would love to hear it!

If you would like to support the servers, then we encourage you to subscribe to our whitelist or donate to help cover server costs.

Karma, bafs, Dibbles and 3 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AusG Bot, Jun 13, 2018.

1. AusG Bot

AusG Bot News Bot

In the interest of transparency, we would like to give you all some background information on exactly what transpired in the lead-up to this new community being founded. As there are quite a few rumours floating around.

There were many rumors floating around about Pipsi having two websites / discords etc.

The previous Pipsi website was regrettably, created using pirated software, and we were given notice to take it offline, or face legal action. We advised the founder of Pipsi of this notice and asked what he would like to do, to which we were advised to do whatever we think was best.

Wanting to keep the Pipsi community alive, we purchased a new domain (pipsi.net.au) so we could build a new website (using legitimate software), without wiping the data from the old one (as the server hosting the pipsi.net domain was too full to accommodate a new build). Keep in mind, this was a decision that every one of the Pipsi Admins agreed was best.

The owner took offence to the new domain and stripped everyone of their privileges, as he believed something more sinister was at hand. In his defence, the details of the new website and reasons behind it were not communicated with him as well as they could have been.

After better explaining the situation, everyone was given back their admin privileges, other than Dibbles.

At this point the co-founder of Pipsi (Cyber Bandit) decided it was not a community he wished to return to. Dibbles was not given back his privileges due to him and the owner having personal differences.

The founder of Pipsi then created a new discord and website, as Dibbles had created the former and was no longer involved. This is the reason there are two websites, and two discords running concurrently.
      Karma, Dibbles, Kimbo and 2 others like this.
    2. Taylor J.

Taylor J. New Member

Hey! don't have a tonne of money right now but have been a Pipsi community member for, nearly ever, and a DayZ player since the day of release. Would love to help in anyway I can. Will donate as soon as I am able.
      Kimbo, Dibbles and DickieTheChamp like this.
    3. Karma

Karma New Member

I was there a lifetime ago, Distanced myself around the time of the Operation Rocket Events, I'm the voice of the Event intro of Operation Rocket 3 - Saving Eugene "Keep your head on a swivel Soldier" lol Thanks for the transparency, its rare and very much appreciated and I will certainly be looking to support this community in any way I can, Cheers
      Dibbles likes this.